Welcome to the ELTA, The School of Spoken English, Dublin, Ireland. Our primary objective is to enable our students to speak English effectively and with confidence in as short a time as possible.
- Full time classes take place from Monday to Thursday. The first period in the morning is from 9.00 to 10.45 and and the second period is from 10.55 to 12.55. The first period in the afternoon is from 13.15 to 15.00 and the second period is from 15.00 to 17.00.
- The first period is devoted to the General and Academic English. The second period is devoted to Callan Method and Advanced Fluency.
- Part time Callan Method Classes at ELTA are held:
- Monday to Thursday: from 10.55 to 12.55 and from from 15.00 to 17.00.
- Monday to Thursday: from 19.00 to 21.00
Full time courses at ELTA are from 9.00 to 12.55, with a 15 minute coffee break, and from 13.15 to 17.00. In the first two hours we focus on the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. This is also the period of exam preparation: either Cambridge or IELTS. The period from 11am to 1pm is devoted to Intensive Spoken English with the Callan Method. Apply online here!
Classes in Intensive Spoken English with the Callan Method are held from 11am to 1pm, and from 3pm to 5pm Monday to Thursday and from 7pm to 9pm, Monday to Thursday. This means that if you work a split shift, or if you do not know your roster from week to week, you can manage your own learning schedule, attending sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening. For more information or to arrange a trial class please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELTA is associated with Host Family Ireland. This is a web-based resource matching visitors to Ireland with suitable host families. When you tell us the kind of host family you would like to stay with (smoking or non-smoking, pets or no pets etc), our Accommodation Officer will visit some families matching your criteria and make the introduction.
In the summer months we have regular social activities, like going for a walk or a picnic, or attending a festival or a special event. If it rains we go dancing or play poker. We also have International Dinner Parties. Everyone brings a dish typical of their country. In the winter months we have the Movie Club or a Karaoke or go to a restaurant together.